Monday, April 14, 2008

New Policy Proposes That Work Emails Be Screened For Threats

Our friends of the Governmentmental variety are proposing new legislation to access personal work emails in order to prevent attacks on vital infrastructure.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/gillard-backs-workplace-snoop-law/2008/04/14/1208025033663.html

Now many of you paranoid types may see this as an infringement on privacy or some other such things. Some of you may even go so far as to devote years of your life writing thaecis on such things.
Anyway, my reason for posting is not to rant about this, but the hope that if people are interested in this, that they post new info and or links about this policy, if it becomes enacted etc.

That is all.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I've been writing something about this all day. Expect something later!

Catherine said...

PS way to steal my thunder T_T

Adam Man Tium said...

Yes. Sorry for the Thunder-Theft. That's why I didn't actually put any opinions on there, as I figured you would have more to say, and would know what you are talking about.

Catherine said...

Hehe, it's fine, if I hadn't seen this I would have appreciated the heads up! So cheers!

Adam Man Tium said...

Common media update on the potential new laws.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/14/2216369.htm